Pelican™ is proud to announce our bear resistant certification from the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee.
The purpose of this certification is to help keep bears safe and significantly reduce bear-human encounters by ensuring that bears do not have access and become conditioned to anthropogenic foods and other bear attractants that increase these encounters.
This certification involves intense impact and penetration testing by use of visual inspection, mechanical methods and captive Grizzly Bear testing over extended periods of time.
Information relative to the IGBC testing and certification program can be viewed at www.IGBConline.org.
**Pelican™ Elite Coolers are certified bear-resistant by the IGBC under certification numbers 3365, 3366, 3373, 3374, 3375, 3376
- Dual Handle System (Molded-in & Hinged Handles)
- Up to 10 days ice retention, freezer grade gasket, 2" polyurethane insulation
- Press & Pull Latches (Wide for Gloved Use)
- Molded-In Tie Downs
- Non-Skid & Non-Marking Raised Feet
- Molded-In Lock Hasp, Stainless Steel Plate
- Sloped Drain & Tethered Threaded Plug (Garden Hose Attachable)
- Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel Hardware
- Integrated Fish Scale on Lid
- Made in USA
- Guaranteed for life
- BODY: Polyethylene
- LATCH: ABS
- HANDLE: TPE
- SPIGOT: Polypropylene
- HARDWARE: Stainless Steel
- INSULATION: Polyurethane
- CERTIFICATIONS: IGBC Certified Bear Resistant
- INTERIOR (L X W X D): 27.34" x 12.00" x 17.62" (69.4 x 30.5 x 44.8 cm)
- EXTERIOR (L X W X D): 37.75" x 20.00" x 24.88" (95.9 x 50.8 x 63.2 cm)
- VOLUME: 95.00QT (89.9 liters)
- INT VOLUME: 3.35 ft³ (0.095 m³)
- INSULATION THICKNESS: 2.00" (5.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: 51.00 lbs (23.1 kg)
Bullet Proof Cooler
Cooler does exactly what is says it will do. It is heavy your not gonna carry around 50lbs of ice and 60 cans of beer by yourself. But as a more permanent install on the boat it will be awesome.